" In Search of the Light"

Stepping out into darkness, in the middle of the night, looking every where, in search of the Light.
Grouping around in the darkness, something was amiss, the absence of the light, had created such an abyss.
Every lamp we beheld, had a wick, but no oil, some how the prince of darkness, had managed to spoil.

As darkness did spread, extinguishing the light, it seems all hope was lost, leaving no strength to fight.
Was our search in vain, had the prince of darkness put out the light, stealing the oil, had he won the fight?
But then that moment came, we were surrounded by the light, the prince had not won, the Son was still in the fight.
Our hearts filled with joy, basking in that great light, dispelling the darkness, as Hope pushed through the fight.
It had not been in vain, our search for the light, in the sea of darkness, the Light still shinning bright.

January 2009 Pastor Howard Cameron lll.

Building a life long Relationship of Hope with the People of India....

Preaching a never changing Jesus in an ever changing World.
माय गोद ब्लेस थे पीपुल ऑफ़ इंडिया विथ साल्वेशन
Translation.
May God bless the people of India with Salvation.

Luke 10:2


Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Little Feet..........

I for many years have stated that one of the greatest blessing's God has given to the church, is when Jesus as our example washed the disciples feet. The Bible says that after supper being ended that Jesus took of his robe covered himself in a towel, and knelt down in front of His disciples. Picture it, the creator bowing before His creation, what a picture of humility and love.... Some of the greatest blessing's and outpouring of the Spirit I have witnessed in my thirty five years of christian faith have been and occurred during foot washing, I was about to learn I had only experienced a little bit of what God has to offer. Three days before it was time to leave God told me that Tim and I were to wash the children's feet and share with them the Lord's Supper before we left them, I agreed with the Lord what a way to really show that we love them, it is one thing to say I love you, and another to buy some gifts as a token of love, but it is a whole other dimension to kneel and wash some ones feet, but that's where the love of God led us. I knew the experience would be life changing for all involved, how did I know that because, I know the God that we serve. He does not just randomly throw things out there for us to do for no reason. In fact He said He always sends His word forth to accomplish something and it NEVER RETURNS VOID!!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! It started with us having a little bit of worship, the children love to sing. Then It moved into time to share with them the story of what Jesus had done for the whole world by His sacrifice and what He did for His disciples that night before the cross. As I shared the story of the love of Jesus their eyes were fixed and there hearts were open I could see that the spirit of God was reaching way down in and doing something in each and every one of them. Then the moment of truth came I asked them to examine their hearts and see if they really new Jesus, and then we led them in the sinners prayer, about 25-30 gave their lives to the Lord that night, I was on cloud nine, as the tears began to flow, I could feel the spirit descend down in a soft but a powerful way, only heaven could have expected the blessings that were about to manifest themselves in that dirty hot room in southern India. The tears and the blessing's began to flow as I moved from child to child and offered them the bread, " this is the body of the Lord Jesus Christ, which was broken for you and I that we might receive salvation and be made whole" not only was I crying, but many of them were also as the Spirit touched them for the first time. Then came the cup " this is the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ shed for the remission of sin, not just for mine and yours but the sin of the whole world, Jesus said as often as you drink this do it in remembrance of me." What an honor God had given me, to administer these children's first Lord's Supper and to experience with them there first tangible touch and anointing of the Spirit. Then it came time for me to serve Tim, Pastor Babu, Pastor Moses, Sister Martha, Sister Inga. What a blessing I received as moved amongst these servants of God, and were able to serve them, what a privilege it was to serve brother Tim, it was my honor to work with him and serve him it is something like I have never experienced or will experience again. Thank You Lord!!!! Then it came time to wash feet, just when I thought the blessing of God had some how reached it's climax, the glory fell again, and again as we moved from child to child asking them if we could wash their feet letting them know it was our honor to serve them, there was not a dry eye in the house. Tim and I were crying the children were crying as the power of God swept over them, it was glorious. Then it came time to wash Tim's feet I cried and I cried as I realized what a blessing it was, and how God had led us there together according to His great plan, this man of God had come all this way not to be in the lime light, not to preach, not to do anything other than obey God, Thank you for that Lord. Then we knelt before Pastor Babu, we would learn later that night, that after 40 years of being in the ministry He had never been involved in washing of the saints feet. Wow!!! God really let him have it the first time, when his feet hit the water the power of God hit him so hard it was all me and Tim could do to keep his feet in the water and him in his seat. This was a service I will never forget......I praise the Lord for allowing me to be there.


In Amazement of All God does,

Pastor Howard


No comments: